As one of the most dangerous industries to work in, 4R have prioritised the development and delivery of bespoke independent health and safety support services, tailored individually to each farm business needs.
We don’t believe that farm health and safety can be ‘fixed’ in one visit. We don’t think that the same generic H&S file churned out time and time again protects farmers, their families, or their staff.
We are therefore looking for an experienced health and safety professional, ideally with a strong agricultural background to help us deliver our vision; to help farmers identify and mitigate against risks through simple, affordable and achievable goals, with on-hand support and independent advice whenever they need it. The role will be based within our 4R Reassurance team, but also working alongside other technical professionals within the group, providing health and safety advice and support to other teams as required.
The successful candidate will have excellent relationship management skills, and be able to effectively communicate with farmers, farm workers, colleagues, and key project stakeholders. A self-motivated leader, with an appetite for growth and excellent time and resource management skills is a must. The role will require some travel, comprising of farm visits, events, field-based and office-based work.
|Location:||Office-based in Newent, Gloucestershire
Single office within a larger open office space. Free on-site parking. Beautiful location in the Forest of Dean district.
|Contract:||Full-time (40 hours per week)|
|Salary:||Indicative salary – £40k per annum|
|Benefits:||Company car, pension, healthcare, Sage benefits scheme, discretionary bonus and a great working culture|
|Travel:||Regular UK travel will be essential|
Main duties will include;
- Lead and grow 4R Reassurance’s farm health and safety portfolio, responsible for general management, service delivery and business growth
- Provide health and safety advice and support to customers
- Carry out farm visits, farm-based assessing, and one-to-one consultations
- Evaluate, design and present risk-based solutions and support farmers to make positive changes to their health and safety culture on farm
- Provide operational and technical support as required to the wider 4R Group, including to recycling and operational services and to other technical projects
- Reporting to General Manager
Preferred skills and experience required;
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Flexible approach
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in farming/industry health and safety
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, ideally in agricultural sector
- IT proficient
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and work independently and/or in a team environment
- Presenting and/or exhibiting at workshops, shows and other public events
- Full Clean UK Driving License
Please contact Charlotte Pomeroy on email@example.com or 0345 64 64 314 to arrange an informal discussion about the role or alternatively, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August 2022.