Assistant Operations Manager
The job holder is responsible for supporting 4R’s ongoing programme of work covering a range of environmental improvement activities across the UK. The Assistant Operations Manager will help progress opportunities including brownfield restoration, contaminated land remediation and improvement and refurbishment of passive water treatment sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities – What you need to do.
- Work with 4R projects team on varied environmental improvement projects across the UK
- Assisting with land restoration activities
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely and compliantly
- Assisting with Risk Assessments of work
- Supervising Contractors
- Assisting with costing of jobs
- Ensuring jobs are completed to time and budget
- Liaising with farmers to promote the benefits of recycled products
4R Group Shared Duties – What we all do.
- To act as an ambassador for the Group at all times.
- Health and Safety: to work to and follow all safety regulations under prevailing legislation and any relevant policies and job risk assessment.
- Quality Management Systems: to be aware, understand and work to the requirements under the Group’s external accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, 45001.
- Teamworking: the nature of our work and the size of our team at 4R Group requires everyone here to be flexible. Our job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive, and you may be required to complete such reasonable additional or other responsibilities and tasks to help the team as the Group may need from time to time.
Personal Specification – What you should have.
- Formal qualification in agriculture, waste management or similar science or civil engineering based qualification
- WAMITAB or FACTS would be advantageous but not essential
- Health and Safety qualifications or willingness to work towards
- Experienced in drainage, ground works and/or basic civil engineering
- Experienced in recycling by-products to land
- Understanding of waste management site operations and permitting advantageous
- Understanding of road haulage desirable
- IT: computer literate user of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Able to operate machinery as and when required eg telehandler and 360 degree excavator, further training provided as required
- Able to supervise contractors
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Able to problem solve and think on your feet
- Right to work in UK and full UK driving licence
- Operations Manager, Restoration and Projects
- Full time – 40 hours per week
4R has two main offices and this role can be based at either:
- North Region in Knottingley, Yorkshire
- South Region in Newent, Gloucestershire
However, the bulk of the work we require will be a mix of office/home and site-based working typically on operational sites across Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, South Wales and Scotland with regular travel and overnight stays.
Pay and Benefits
- c £35,000 per annum
- Use of 4R company vehicle
- Fuel card
- 33 days
- Excellent package including pension, life assurance, private medical, SAGE employee benefits scheme
- All mandatory training paid by company
- A great working culture, opportunity for significant personal development and progression within 4R and a whole lot more.
Please email cv and covering letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 21/05/2023