Trainee Environmental Consultant
The role would suit someone at the start of their career with either one or two years’ experience, however, entry level graduates with a solid degree qualification, demonstratable work experience and an aptitude to learn will also be considered. The successful candidate will be expected to pursue industry recognised qualifications such as FACTS, which broaden opportunities for consultancy work and enhances the profile of both the employee and the company
The job holder is responsible for assisting 4R colleagues with a wide variety of environmental projects involving the recycling of by-products for beneficial use and ecological benefit in agriculture. The role may be involved with projects from across our client base which ranges from small-scale farmers to public bodies and internationally recognised companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities – What you need to do.
Initially you will focus upon becoming familiar with the current regulatory processes, industry standards and practices required for us to deliver our contracts. This will include the deployment of our various permits that allow by-product materials to be recycled in agriculture and land restoration schemes.
- Assist with the regulatory application process for environmental permits or certification eg for agricultural recycling sites or sites for land restoration
- Assist with field based work such as collection of environmental samples, mapping, technical investigations and inspections, visiting farms and client production facilities
- Assist in the monitoring and observation of bioassays and recycling experiments where required and assisting with the preparation of reports
- Assist with providing technical support to the 4R Operations Managers and operational staff including assisting with soil sampling, deployments, nutrient management plans
- Contribute to development of our 4R business eg attending exhibitions/shows, assisting with data gathering for tenders or supplying marketing information
- As skills and industry experience develop the role will broaden to include a wide range of consulting work.
4R Group Shared Duties – What we all do.
- To act as an ambassador for the Group at all times.
- Health and Safety: to work to and follow all safety regulations under prevailing legislation and any relevant policies and job risk assessment.
- Quality Management Systems: to be aware, understand and work to the requirements under the Group’s external accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, 45001.
- Teamworking: the nature of our work and the size of our team at 4R Group requires everyone here to be flexible. Our job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive, and you may be required to complete such reasonable additional or other responsibilities and tasks to help the team as the Group may need from time to time.
Personal Specification – What you should have.
- BSc Degree (Level 6) in Agricultural, Environmental, Soil or Plant Sciences
- Alternatively, HND/Foundation Degree Level 3-5 with some equivalent experience
- FACTS advantageous but if not a desire to work towards with our support and funding
- Basic understanding of the environmental issues affecting soils and/or principles of crop nutrition
- It is advantageous but not essential to have at least one year practical experience within the agricultural /environmental sectors in UK – whether through living/working on a farm or college/university placements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to undertake data analysis and prepare technical reports
- Capable of conducting practical field work
- IT: confident user of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Full driving licence
- Permanent right to work in the UK
- Head of Consultancy
- Full time – 40 hours per week
Role will involve a mix of home/office/field site working
4R have two main offices located in:
- North Region in Knottingley, Yorkshire
- South Region in Newent, Gloucestershire
Pay and Benefits
- £26,000 per annum
- A pool vehicle will be provided for site visits and field work
- 33 days holiday incl. public holidays of England and Wales
- Excellent package including pension, life assurance, private medical, SAGE employee benefits scheme
- All mandatory training paid by company
- A great working culture, opportunity for significant personal development and progression within 4R and a whole lot more.
Please email cv and covering letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org