At 4R, our ethos is help and support farmers navigate ever-changing regulatory and assurance requirements, identifying cost-effective and achievable changes needed on farm and being there on hand providing crucial support throughout the year. In 2018, 4R Reassurance was born, providing friendly, non-judgmental, no-obligation support to farmers in all matters relating to health and safety, soil and crop nutrient management planning and assurance scheme requirements. All of our farm support packages are bespoke, tailored to meet the needs of each individual client and their businesses.
Our market opportunity for growth is both large and diverse with a cross section of clients from family farms to supermarket chains.
We are therefore looking for a business development professional, with experience in agriculture and farming to take the reins on this key role, ensuring that our business model reflects the diversity of customers and being responsible for shaping its direction and delivery of growth going forward. The role will primarily focus on the development and growth of our existing 4R Reassurance services but will also involve delivery of some technical elements during peak times.
The successful candidate will therefore be adaptable and proactive, have excellent relationship management skills, and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, customers and key project stakeholders. A self-motivated leader, with an appetite for growth and excellent time and resource management skills is a must. FACTS and/or BASIS qualifications and a technical understanding of crop/soil fertilisation requirements would be a significant advantage. The role will require frequent travel, comprising of farm visits, events, field-based and office-based work.
|Location:||Home based (or office-based if location suits)|
|Contract:||Full-time (40 hours per week)|
|Salary:||Indicative starting salary – £40k per annum plus agreed commission structure|
|Benefits:||Company car, pension, healthcare, Sage benefits scheme, discretionary bonus and a great working culture|
|Travel:||Frequent UK travel|
Main duties will include;
- Develop and grow the 4R Reassurance business services, including farm health and safety, nutrient management planning and assurance scheme support
- Develop and deliver a business growth strategy, to expand the geographical reach of services and grow 4R Reassurance’s customer base
- Be responsible for and champion the 4R Reassurance’s public profile and brand, including marketing, social media and exhibiting at relevant agricultural events
- Provide technical support and technical delivery of 4R Reassurance services during peak times
- Provide on-farm operational and technical support as required
- Reporting to General Manager
Preferred skills and experience required;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development, with proven track record and experience in agricultural/farming sector
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in agricultural related discipline
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly, manage and work independently and/or in a team environment
- Presenting and/or exhibiting at workshops, shows and other public events
- IT proficient
- Full Clean UK Driving License
- FACTS qualified and/or BASIS registered would be a strong advantage
Please contact Charlotte Pomeroy on email@example.com or 0345 64 64 314 to arrange an informal discussion about the role or alternatively, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August 2022.